It’s been a long, hot summer in California and there’s still plenty of beach-going days left. We know how easy it is to spend a little too much time soaking up the sun. But with the right steps, we can all do our best to prevent, and even reverse, sun damage for healthier, more beautiful skin!
First Step: Protect your skin with daily SPF.
If you’ve broken this golden rule in the past, it’s never too late to start following. You’ll soon find daily sunscreen application a habit that comes as naturally as brushing your teeth. A broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF 30+ is the sure way to go, especially if it’s medical grade. For example, clinically proven EltaMD® sunscreens provide protection against the widest range of UVA and UVB rays and are designed to feel weightless on skin. With powerful sun protection, you can feel good about saving your skin from sun damage. Other ways to protect your skin health include:
- Avoiding the sun during peak hours, from about 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wearing protective clothing such as long sleeves and a wide-brimmed hat.
- Wearing UV-blocking sunglasses.
Second Step: Correct your sun damage with laser skin treatments.
Prolonged hours in the sun can cause many types of skin damage, including sunburns, wrinkles and sunspots. If you’re bothered by these concerns and want to reverse sun damage by the fall season, it’s time to discover our state-of-the-art laser skin treatments: BBL® HERO™ photofacial and Halo® laser skin resurfacing.
- BBL HERO (Broadband Light) is the most effective, efficient and advanced IPL treatment, clinically proven to reveal dramatically younger-looking, more evenly toned skin. With little to no downtime, BBL can reverse years of sun damage and improve a myriad of stubborn skin concerns on the face and body, including sunspots, hyperpigmentation, melasma, freckles, fine lines and wrinkles. BBL’s light energy gently heats the underlying layers of skin, stimulating vibrant new collagen and elastin, the building blocks for strong, supple skin. We will work closely with you to customize your BBL treatment to your unique needs.
- Halo fractional laser skin resurfacing treatment uses two types of laser energy — ablative and non-ablative — to stimulate your skin at multiple levels, revealing head-turning improvements to your skin’s tone and texture. Benefits include reduced sun damage, smoother texture and diminished hyperpigmentation such as age spots, sunspots and melasma. Halo triggers your skin’s natural healing response, which can result in a few days to a week of redness and peeling as your skin renews itself, revealing intensely refreshed, vibrant new skin in the weeks following your treatment.