With so many skin treatments on the market, you have every right to be confused! How do you know which skin treatment is right for you? When it comes to softening lines and wrinkles, for example, should you get dermal fillers or a thread lift? For skin tightening, what’s the difference between SkinTyte II™ and Vivace™ microneedling RF, since both treatments help to tighten skin?
If you are curious about these questions or have others, we are here to help! The good news is that you really can’t lose with any of the treatments on our menu, it’s just a matter of which treatment is right for your unique needs. During your personal consultation, we’ll help you determine the ideal regimen to achieve your goals.
In the meantime, we broke down the highlights for a few of our treatments to help you understand their similarities and differences:
Thread lift vs. Dermal filler
● Both treatments are proven and highly effective at smoothing wrinkles, providing lift in targeted areas and revealing a younger-looking appearance.
● In general, dermal fillers are ideal for improving mild to moderate skin laxity and volume loss. If you have more severe skin laxity, such as sagging jowls, you may be better served with a thread lift.
● A thread lift provides more lift for a tricky area like jowls because it literally provides a support structure underneath the skin, lifting and smoothing lines and wrinkles and smoothing away crepiness. In contrast, dermal fillers help smooth lines and wrinkles by filling the skin with a special gel and replenishing lost volume.
● Both thread lift and dermal filer can help rejuvenate the neck by smoothing neck bands and crepiness. Here at Belle Marin, we use a specific type of clinically-proven filler to help build collagen in the neck, called hyperdiluted Radiesse®. This proven collagen-booster can also be used to stimulate new collagen growth and replenish lost volume in the face.
● Many clients benefit from a combination treatment with both thread lift and dermal fillers.
Depending on your needs and goals, these two treatments can pair perfectly to achieve your best results!
SkinTyte vs. Vivace Microneedle RF
● Both treatments can help tighten skin anywhere on the body.
● SkinTyte is a non-invasive and no-downtime treatment that uses infrared energy to heat skin from within and stimulate its natural healing response. Microneedling uses tiny needles to create “controlled injuries” while simultaneously stimulating skin with radiofrequency energy for a synergistic boost of skin renewal and an overall tightening effect.
● Generally speaking, Vivace™ microneedle RF is ideal for people who desire textural improvements to their skin in addition to tightening. Vivace is ideal for improving stretch marks or acne scars, for example, whereas SkinTyte is ideal for improving mild skin laxity on the body. While SkinTyte can help tighten skin, it is not designed to resurface the skin and smooth away textural irregularities, like microneedling is.
To learn more about these treatments and discover which ones are right for you, please call us to schedule your personal consultation. Call 415.887.8718, send a note to email@example.com or request a consultation online today! Please be aware that we are taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.