It’s one of the most popular cosmetic treatments, but not all laser hair removal treatments are equal. Your results are dependent on the training and skill of your laser technician. To get the best results possible, you need to make sure you are going to a qualified technician who can safely administer your treatment. Belle Marin Aesthetic Medicine owner and director Dr. Faye Jamali performs all her laser treatments, including laser hair removal. Dr. Jamali has received the training to help you receive the highest level of laser hair removal treatments for optimal results.
To boost your chances for laser hair removal success, here are a few more pro tips:
1. Come to your appointment with bare, lotion-free skin. This means no sunscreen, moisturizer, perfume, deodorant, or any other product you may you apply to your skin. Skin products will interfere with the laser’s efficacy and may lead to injuries.
2. DO NOT attend your session with a tan. All types of tans count, whether it’s from a bottle or the sun. Any type of color can increase your risk for side effects and lower the effectiveness of your treatment.
3. DO NOT pluck or wax before your treatment. The laser needs your hair roots to be intact in order to disable them. If the roots have been pulled out from plucking, the laser treatment will be wasted because it won’t be able to target anything.
4. By the same token, DO NOT come to your appointment with fully grown out hair. A day or two of stubble is best.
5. DO NOT expose your skin to the sun the day of your appointment. Your freshly treated skin is fragile and extremely vulnerable to the sun’s damaging UV rays. Sun exposure following your laser treatment is dangerous and can lead to complications like hyperpigmentation.
Belle Marin proudly serves Mill Valley and the surrounding communities, including Tiburon, Corte Madera, Larkspur, and San Francisco.